JOB TITLE: Division Sales Manager – National
Account and Distribution
REPORTS TO: Sales Director
LOCATION: Home Office (OPEN)
The National Accounts and Regional Distributor Divisional Manager plays a key role in supporting the Brew Sales Division’s efforts to deliver against company sales and profitability goals by developing and implementing sales strategies for success with our largest and most strategic brewing and distilling industry customers. This role maintains existing business and develops new business, within our large foundational and strategic accounts. The National Accounts and Regional Distributor Divisional Manager also collaborates with Briess’ internal support structure to insure appropriate service and coverage across customer segments and types.
1. Manages strategic accounts in a professional manner utilizing planning, organizing, and analytical skills
2. Generates insights, strategies, and tactics based upon market trends, competitive activity, products, and pricing.
3. Achieves revenue and margin budgets through effective management of priorities and targeting of high potential business opportunities.
4. Customizes sales approaches to address areas of opportunity based on interests and needs discovered through customer communications. Provides recommendations regarding usage of Briess products in various customer product applications through own knowledge or that of others. Coordinates company resources to address customer opportunities
5. Serves as an internal champion for new product development projects, customized offerings, and other customer interests that are discovered during regular call cycles
6. Recommends, prepares, and negotiates all aspects of company offers such as price quotations, terms of sale, lead times, etc.
7. Acts as liaison in support of customers with internal parties and ensures their needs are being met and the Briess brand maintains its integrity
8. Develops strong relationships with customers resulting in deeper connections to Briess and a collaborative, business-building environment
9. Drives sales and margin through frequent market visits and leveraging trade shows 10. Maintains strong record of customer communications and interactions through CRM 11. Assists sales leadership team in the development and execution of strategic planning for the Brew Division.
12. Assists the Marketing team in the development of literature and other documentation to be used by the team.
13. Will assist at times with coaching and mentoring of team members, particularly Division Managers, to drive growth. This may include traveling with Division Managers in the territories at times with them when in that region for own responsibilities.
Skills and Abilities
• Driven to succeed with a passion for serving customers
• Personable, positive, energetic personality
• Displays leadership skills and team-oriented approach
• Strong interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Detail oriented and highly organized (large degree of multi-tasking required) • Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite (particularly excel) and CRM
• Able to work independently
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years B2B/ingredient sales experience (Brewing industry background a plus) • Technical aptitude (Brewing and Malting industry is preferred)
• Bilingual/Spanish a plus
• Ability to travel 60%+ required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use a keyboard, calculator, and telephone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Successful candidate must have a valid US driver’s license with a clean driving record.
When possible and appropriate it is our policy to promote from within. Any qualified current employee interested in this position, please contact Michael Scanzello at 920-522-2976 for consideration.