Job Title: Associate Brewer
Hours: Part Time with growth to Full Time
Location: Saint Croix Falls (one hour from the Twin Cities)
Reports to: Owner
We are looking for an experienced brewer to be part of our growth. Our 5 bbl system meets our capacity for our taproom from brewing on weekends. Our plans are to increase our production to distribute kegs and cans. That means more brew days per month. The Brewer’s primary role will be to lead all wort production on our 3-vessel 5-barrel Craft Kettle brewhouse and work directly with the ownership team to develop new recipes and improve quality and consistency. The candidate will also be expected to assist in various aspects of cellaring, kegging, canning, warehouse management, and inventory management on a weekly basis. This position requires flexibility to assist where needed and can provide many growth opportunities in the future.
Saint Croix Falls is a small tourism town located approximately an hour from the Saint Paul & Minneapolis metro area. There is an abundance of outdoor recreational activities in the area.
Reply if interested at email@example.com
- Responsible for wort production on a 5-bbl brewhouse—including but not limited to raw material handling, milling, mash/lauter operation, wort boiling, cooling, and brewhouse CIP.
- Ability to strictly adhere to established recipes, processes, and SOPs, while providing suggestions on improvements.
- Ability in cellaring of beers: CIPs, sanitizing equipment, managing fermentation schedules, yeast harvesting, dry hopping, ingredient additions, etc.
- Assist in packaging on a weekly basis: canning, and kegging.
- Assist in lab measurements: yeast counts, DO readings, gravities, pH, diacetyl tests, etc.
- Maintain detailed records of all work performed.
- Maintain warehouse and equipment cleanliness and organization.
- Assist in preventative maintenance of all brewery equipment.
- Assist in management of raw materials, chemicals, and packaging components.
- Collaborate on new recipe development.
- Represent brand in a professional manner at both on- and off-site festivals and events.
- Prioritize safety of yourself and others at all times and strive to constantly improve the safety of your work environment.
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year of relevant brewing experience in a professional brewery.
- High school diploma (formal brewing education desired but not required)
- Experience in brewing a wide variety of beer styles—with a specific emphasis on Pale Ale, Blonde, IPA, Porter, lager, and stout.
- Experience in recipe formulation.
- Experience with brewery maintenance and upkeep—and maintaining a regular preventative maintenance schedule.
- Must be tuned in to the critical factors that dictate beer quality and have great tasting skills. Water chemistry and profile are essential.
- Must be a dedicated hard worker with a level head.
- Must be naturally driven to remain organized and keep a tidy and clean workspace.
- Ability to work independently and manage time very well.
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a highly collaborative team.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency with modern office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to lift 55 lbs overhead.
- Able to maneuver equipment in tight spaces.
- Able to stack and maneuver 165 lb kegs.
- Able to work on your feet for 8+ hours at a time.
- Able to work in tight spaces where twisting, reaching, and climbing is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay rate for an experienced individual with the right skills, negotiable
- Opportunity for further benefits as the company grows
- Profit Sharing
About Trap Rock Brewing Company
Trap Rock Brewing Company is a production microbrewery based in Saint Croix Falls, WI that uses mostly locally sourced ingredients to produce a variety of classic and cutting-edge beer styles. The recipe for a great tasting beer starts and ends with people. At Trap Rock, this philosophy is reflected in the way we treat our employees, patrons, and community. Trap Rock found its origins in the love of a craft. The product of that craft fosters an environment where people just flat out enjoy being together. Every member of Trap Rock's team is passionate about the beer that we make and the people we serve. When people think about Trap Rock's beers, we want them to think good people, good beer, and good life.